I have been fortunate enough to speak on a number of topics on sports media, branding, communication and innovation in the last few years. Below is an archive of some of those thoughts in those publications…
Print Features/Topics (2010-2012)
- Advertising Age/Sponsors line up to court Jeremy Lin. Who is doing what with the Knicks star
- Advertising Age/The NFL’s New $10 Million Man? Is Tim Tebow going to be a mega-endorser?
- Advertising Age / What Does Jack Daniel’s and Jim Beam Exit Say About Nasca.. After spending what seemed like decades trying to crack Nascar’s ban on sponsorships by hard-liquor brands, spirits companies received the go-ahead from the auto-racing league in 2004.
- Advertising Age /How Will Accident Affect Tiger Woods’ Blue-Chip Endorsement.. The squeaky clean image of golf’s greatest player and the sports world’s most lucrative endorser took a hit over Thanksgiving weekend — no pun intended.
- Ad Week/Olympic Gold The real winners and losers for London and why
- Ad Week/Perspective, Tennis Endorsements What tennis ads looked like then and now
- Buzzfeed/ Real Life Quiddich Tries To Be taken Seriously Can the staple of “Harry Potter” really become a sport?
- Catholic Sports Journal/ Mascots Keep Fans Engaged How Western Michigan Univ. created new activation platforms
- Eye On Sports Media/ Marketing College Athletes What can work, and what doesn’t in the collegiate space
- Fast Company/ Why Livestrong Park Will Be A Success Sporting Kansas City’s new venture is worth looking at for future stadium engagement
- Inc FEATURE/ How To Promote Your Consulting Business Thoughts on how to make chicken salad and other business items in a challenged world
- International Business Times/ Dwight Howard’s Marketing Oppts Will the NBA Star’s marketing be compromised because of his trade demands
- Intentaional Business Times/ Tebow’s Marketing Value Can Tim Tebow be a business success in NY
- Slam/ Social Media An NBA Marketer’s Heaven How social media has bolstered player visibility
- Sports Networker/How “Lombardi” Became a PR Success The PR strategy behind the hot Broadway play
- The Insider / 5 QUESTIONS WITH…: You’ve fully embraced social media, utilizing platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Yo.ve also built up quite an audience for your blog and your newsletter, which reaches 13,000+ people. When did you first start using social media, and how were you able to garner such a large following.
- The Oregonian/ The Penn State Legacy, What’s Next? What will happen next with Penn State athletics
- USA Today / Nutrisystem drops Lawrence Taylor after rape charge. The days of corporate sponsors taking a wait-and-see approach when their athletic endorsers become embroiled in scandals are over.